A water heater is a critical part of any home, and if it’s not working properly, you’ll quickly notice. In this blog post, a specialist in water heater repair in Gilbert, AZ – AZ Water, Drain & Sewer – will discuss the top causes of water heater damage and how to prevent them.
Causes of Damaged Water Heater
- Faulty thermostat: The thermostat in a water heater controls the water’s temperature. Incorrectly working water heaters can cause water heater damage.
- Corroded water tank: Corroded water tanks can leak water into the surrounding area. This is a sign of water heater damage that requires water heater repair in Gilbert, AZ.
- Leaking pipes: Leaky pipes can also cause water heater issues if not properly drained. Check for leaks regularly and repair them as soon as possible.
- Sediment buildup: If your water heater is rarely used, sediment can build up at the bottom. This can reduce the water heater’s efficiency and cause damage.
How to Prevent Water Heater Damage
- Conduct regular maintenance.
- Be careful when adjusting the thermostat.
- Keep water temperature at the recommended level.
- Set a timer for water heater use.
- Replace water filter regularly.
- Hire a professional water heater repair company.
If you want to learn more on how to keep your water heater damage-free, call the experts on water heater repair in Gilbert, AZ – contact us AZ Water, Drain & Sewer today! We’re always happy to help!